Friday, November 2, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 343

Words of encouragement and compassion are priceless and even more so when they come from a child. Last night, I was TIRED and that made me very cranky. So, the bedtime routine for my daughter was just one more thing I needed to do before climbing into my own bed. My daughter picked up on my crankiness and asked if I was cranky. YES! So she says “Mommy needs a hug” and leans over to give me a hug. Well, that just put a smile on my face and helped me to let go of the “crankies”. Sometimes, all you need is someone to show they care. Thank you, Lord for the gift of words that show love, compassion, encouragement and all those things that we need. What a blessing a hug can bring! Don’t let the politically correct or timing or whatever stop you from reaching out to someone who could use some kind words or a hug. Be like a child and just give it.
Matthew 7:12 ”So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

No comments:

Post a Comment