Saturday, November 17, 2012

365 Days of Prasie Challenge-Day 358

It is always so fabulous to finally get to a place where you know and are at peace with the direction God wants you to take. I have been researching the options on becoming a Christian counselor and have been going back and forth between the conflict of the secular route vs the biblical route.  The question hasn’t been about which route to take as I know that it is the biblical route, however, the path to take for schooling for this has been muddled.  Going the route through the NCCA (National Christian Counseling Association) or AACA (American Association of Christian Counselors) was bugging me and so I have been praying and prayed especially last evening after researching more and feeling more and more confused. So the Holy Spirit worked on me overnight, I laid in bed this morning and let random thoughts come to me and than over pouring a cup of coffee discussed my confusion with my hubbie and had the “Light Bulb Moment”. The school through the NCCA tells you that if you are not already a pastor that to counsel under the authority of the church you will need to be licensed, credential or ordained.  It sounds like a simple fix that they could help you with. I have finally concluded that being a pastor and having that seminary education of a pastor is a part of being equipped to truly counseling others. The word of God says we are to build a foundation of faith with Jesus being the cornerstone.  I have to build a foundation not just of my faith but education and wisdom through the right schooling. I know now that just being a licensed minister so I can counsel is not the right foundation. It feels like cheating. I have to lay the ground work of my counseling ministry with a strong education in the word of God. The NCCA and AACA have some great looking programs and courses that I may ultimately take on but they are not the cornerstone. So, now I will be researching finding my cornerstone and going to seminary. Thank God it’s the weekend where I will have plenty of time to tackle this. Thanks be to the Lord for making my path fully clear. You are amazing!
Isaiah 28:16 So this is what the Sovereign Lord says:  See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation;  the one who trusts will never be dismayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment