Tuesday, October 30, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 340

It is amazing what the power of wind and water can do. From the news, there are people that did not evacuate from areas that mandatory evacuation was called for. Now, I can understand if physically they were not able but if you make the choice to stay and “ride” out the hurricane, you are making the choice to face the consequences. Just in watching some of the aftermath, I have a healthy respect for what water and wind can do. I am betting that a lot of the people that chose to stay have control issues. They think they have control over their lives and everything is in their control but when you are suddenly scrambling to get up on top of your house to avoid the flooding waters, you are not the one in control. So, my prayer is for these people today who are waiting to be rescued that they can learn to let go and let God. Praise to our Father who is in control and will rescue us from the grips of sin and death.
Isaiah 45: 6-7 That people may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none besides me; I am the Lord, and there is no other. I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the Lord, who does all these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment