Sunday, October 14, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 324

Doing something new can be fun, challenging and a bit scary. Yesterday, my daughter and I ventured into a something new adventure in the kitchen. She has been baking stuff from a box and it was time for her to bake something from scratch so we got on-line and found a recipe for easy drop cookies. She had a blast kneading the dough by hand. My new adventure was to try making a soufflé. I got a recipe on-line for a classic cheese soufflé with good reviews. I was totally thrilled to see my soufflés coming out of the oven looking so good. I had to yell for hubbie to come take a picture. Not knowing how our altitude would affect it and being my first time, I probably should have been more worried about it but I chose to let God take care of it and just follow the instructions in the recipe. We have to do that in our journey of faith as well. Our recipe book is the Word of God. He asks only that we follow His directions. He will take care of the rest. The greatest blessing in this was seeing my daughter who has to be the pickiest eater ever to actually take a bite of the soufflé without us harping on her. The best thing was to see her actually take several more bites of it. She liked it although when I asked her she just shrugged her shoulders and said next time I needed to make a chocolate soufflé. Glory to you Lord for giving us directions to live by in your Word. Help us to use the recipe book of life everyday and give up the rest to you. Amen and Amen!
Proverbs 16:20 Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is he who trusts in the LORD.


I will post the faithbooking page I create as soon as I can get it done. My studio needs a thorough clean-up but I was thrilled to make this connection of our baking time to the Word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment