Monday, October 21, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 313


I love when something is expanded upon in a way that would glorify God. My pastor did this on Sunday when he told the story about The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein and proceeded to explain how the story could have been written. The basis of the story is about a boy and a tree. The boy always goes to the tree and wants something and the tree always gives it what the boy wants. This happens all throughout the boy’s life until in the end he is an old man sitting on a stump of the tree. Now, I haven’t looked further into this but I have seen that there are a few opinions about the meaning of this book. In any case, my pastor added to the story with the boy actually taking seeds from the tree each time he came and asked for something and scattered the seeds outward. In the end the boy was sitting on the stump of the tree looking out over a whole orchard of apple trees sowed by the seeds he scattered. God like this tree gives us 100% and we can take the seeds and scatter them creating blessing upon blessings or we can just sit with the tree and do nothing. At the end of my life, I like the idea of being able to see the orchard. How about you?

Acts 20:35 In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'

 

No comments:

Post a Comment