Wednesday, October 30, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Day-321


My bible study is working on The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth by John Maxwell. We had a good discussion on chapter 4 which is about the law of reflection. I love what he said about experience. It is not the experience that makes you grow it is the evaluation of the experience. I think for most of us have random growth moments but what if we really took the time to stop and reflect each day on what we may have learned for that day? How much more growing we could accomplish! As I drove home from work yesterday, I thought about that question, “what have I learned today?” I ended up having a great learning moment. I realized the stress I feel from work is because of my drive to be recognized and successful. The work I do is done well and I do what I can so stressing about the rest of it waiting for me the next day isn’t going to make it go away any faster. I realized God wants me to just take pause in my plowing through work to focus on Him and give it to Him. I am doing my best and the rest is for God.

Matthew 25:23 "His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'

No comments:

Post a Comment