Wednesday, October 16, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 309


In the morning, I try to get in a ten minute indoor walk. Do a loop through my kitchen, living room and front office. During this walking time, I like to pray but I find that I am easily distracted by the stuff I am seeing on my walls, tables and counters. I end up thinking about other things rather than having my conversation with the Lord. So, this morning as I was going through this same thing, I chided myself for doing it again, going off to thinking about other things. So, I got myself back on track and was walking with my head down just looking at the floor in front of me. That’s when God gave me a beautiful light bulb moment! If we are truly going to focus on the Lord we have to be looking down at the footsteps He puts before us. It is like when you are out hiking in the forest, you have to keep your eye on the ground before you otherwise if you are looking ahead or looking back, you will find yourself tripping over a rock. I love the visual of the footprints in sand or snow when you are trying to step exactly in the footprints in front of you, one step at a time. Lord, thank you for this moment of clarity and giving me a visual to help that sink deep into my heart. Follow you, you ask and I will follow one step at a time in your footsteps. Lead the way Lord. Amen.

Isaiah 58:11 The Lord will guide you always.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment