Thursday, October 10, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 303


Yesterday was the final day of the Whole 30 challenge. I made cauliflower rice for the first time and fell in love. This morning I get on the scale to see what 30 days has done and was disappointed to see only 2lbs down. But I have to remember I actually, started 3 weeks before the challenge cutting out things and lost 5lbs in those three weeks. I am not to the goal I set myself but I do feel better and have found that I don’t need the snacks and don’t get the shakiness like I use to. I am going to keep going with this way of eating as I have found I really enjoy the freshness of the foods and the new foods I have tried. I may never eat pasta or rice again thanks to spaghetti squash and cauliflower. Who knew? I am going to persevere and keep on this race in eating healthy and let the natural course of time do its thing. It takes one meal to gain weight but takes months to lose it.  So, I am going to call on the Holy Spirit to give me patience and help me with the self-control needed to eat in a disciplined healthy way.

And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Cauliflower Rice Recipe:
Pulse cauliflower in food processor until small size, like rice.
Heat pan with coconut oil.
Saute chopped onion and garlic.
Add cauliflower rice and stir for about a minute.
Add a couple tablespoons of chicken broth and simmer and stir for another 5 minutes.
Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment