Saturday, October 19, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 311


My world was rocked yesterday! Literally! I was sitting in my manager’s office discussing a work issue when suddenly the whole room tilted. My immediate reaction was thinking it was an earthquake. I spent the first 27 years of my life in California so it was no surprise I thought this way. I reached out and grabbed my manager’s desk in front of me and the room righted itself. It was a 2 second moment when my whole world was not right. My manager knew something was wrong and kept asking if I was okay. It took me a minute to even speak from the shock of it all. Others rushed in to help and 911 was mentioned at which I said no need to call 911. My heart was fine and I was not having any symptoms related to a heart attack or a stroke. It was definitely a case of vertigo but why? I was pampered for a while as concerned co-workers came and put on their thinking caps to trying to ascertain what might have happened. Blood sugar came up because of my Paleo whole 30 challenge so I was given treats to eat and told if it is low blood sugar that eating something sweet will do the trick in about 3 minutes. I still didn’t feel any better and my ear was starting to hurt so I called my doctor’s office and was told it sounded like maybe an inner ear infection and to have someone drive me to urgent care as my doc’s office had no openings. So, thankfully my hubbie was home from his 5 day trip to Vegas for work and my son was off school. They both drove down and my son drove my car home while we went to the urgent care. I was not surprised to hear from the doctor that my ear was fine. The cause was my TMJ. I have had more stress lately at work due to project after project loaded on me and have been feeling a tick under my right eye because of it. So, I am not surprised that my jaw muscles were flaming up and per the doctor the ear canal is extremely close. The swelling in my jaw directly affected my ear canal producing the vertigo. It has happened before but not in such a dramatic way so it all makes sense. It is definitely time to get this body really exercising to relieve the stress I am under. So Cross Fit here I come…

I am thankful to God it was nothing serious and pray he will guide me in dealing with the stress.

Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment