Tuesday, October 15, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 308


In order for us to be fruitful, we have to understand that we have to let go of the worldly and embrace Christ every day. Not just on Sunday or the evening of your bible study but a daily “I am going to work on my relationship with the Lord”. Hmmmmmm Sounds a lot like advice people give to married couples. It takes work. God is doing his part as the Master Gardener but we have to get into our souls and pull some weeds, sow some seeds, work some fertilizer into the soil. Working means taking the focus away from ourselves and putting it on God and serving others. The work Jesus did on Earth and on that cross is our example. How can we let go of the busyness of life and embrace Jesus with all our hearts and minds? Ask yourself daily how can I be of service to (my neighbor, my co-worker, my spouse, my children, my grocery clerk, my boss, the lady behind me in line and so on)? Be in the Word and free yourself from self-thinking and live in the freedom of service that Christ calls us to.

Galatians 5:1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

No comments:

Post a Comment