Tuesday, May 7, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 162

I come from a family of women who are have a tendency to not listen well. We speak before thinking, react before processing and let anger take control. My mom, sister and I were on our annual spa trip together this last weekend. It is a good time but inevitably becomes a therapy session. Being the quieter one within this trio, I tend to just let them do the talking and will pipe in when there is a purpose behind it. I am not one to talk much about nothing. This time around I was having a very difficult time maintaining my patience and gentleness with them because of the negative stuff that seemed to be coming out more than anything else. My mom, being older and wiser, realized she may have to temper her mouth a little more so as not to set off my sister. I came to the point that I was thinking about not doing this anymore. I need a vacation from my vacation. It feels like walking on egg shells at times because anything you say can be held against you and may set off a volcano. I can’t be the therapist to my mother and sister and our relationships because I am too close to it all so I just have prayed and let them know I love them and hope that the Lord will guide them both in drawing nearer to the Lord so that they may bear the fruit the Holy Spirit can give.
James 1:19-21 My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

No comments:

Post a Comment