Thursday, May 30, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 185

They were talking on the radio about the top 10 things women don’t like about their bodies. The #1 was the stomach. I guessed that right! An image of myself when I was a senior in high school came to mind. I had seen a photo this weekend of me trying out for the captain of the drill team. Wow! I was tall and very skinny. I remembered being called a bean pole and I can see why. I think women are plagued by this man-made idea of beauty. But the reality is God doesn’t make mistakes. He loves us just as we are. In the end our body will age and go back to the ground from which it came but our heart, soul and spirit are moving on. This is where your true beauty lies. It is what’s inside us that shines outward. Shine on, shine on.
1 Samuel 16:7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment