Tuesday, May 21, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challege-Day 176

Self-control cannot be accomplished in the ways that God would want without the Holy Spirit.  There are a variety of things that can take over our actions. My two as you already know are eating and watching TV.  The Holy Spirit can help us find balance with those things that want to take control over us. I found myself sitting on the couch watching TV last evening as usual. Go to the YMCA and work out was a fleeting thought but the motivation wasn’t there. On to the next show to watch and I found myself saying why am I wasting my time watching this show when it does nothing for me. It doesn’t make me think or laugh or anything. So, the Holy Spirit said go and do some work down in the basement instead. Don’t get me wrong, it was a struggle at first to get going after a long day at work but I found the balance I needed. I had an hour of  rest and that really was all I needed. It was a kill two birds with one stone kind of thing with my work at my re-organization project in the basement and getting exercise. If you feel out of balance, it may be that you are over-indulging in something. Find the self-control you need to get balance with the help of the Holy Spirit.
Titus 2:11-14 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment