Friday, May 10, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 165

Life throws all kinds of stuff at you and it always seems to come in bundles together creating one massive load of laundry you got to handle. My dear husband has been hammered with the intense family situation involving his mother and work related frustration after frustration and each thing went into the pot of anger and frustration. That pot of stew was bubbling over yesterday. My husband has a great capacity for self-control that I have always admired but he had reached his limit. But rather than explode it came out towards me in subtle ways when I didn’t respond to a text I didn’t get and when I stopped at the grocery store on the way home but didn’t let him know. I call it the icing on the cake of anger and frustration. I knew that he was angry but my own fear of rejection kept me from probing him with questions to verify it wasn’t something I did but other issues. I tried my natural passive way of approaching him but that didn’t do it. So, this morning, with the anger processed, we had a good conversation and I found it wasn’t about anything I did. My little mistakes were the icing on the cake not the cake itself. He wanted me to probe! I told him about how I was made in such a way that I have a high fear of rejection and it is going to be a process to hold the hand of the Holy Spirit and overcome this fear so that I can do that probing without fear of him barking back at me. Thank you Lord for a good lesson in understanding myself and how the Holy Spirit can help me with those weaknesses within me.
Proverbs 1:5 Let the wise listen and add to their learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment