Friday, May 31, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 186

Not surprisingly, my office environment got worse yesterday. We have to badge in and out of our office including going to get coffee, breaks and bathroom. The badge mechanism has been very inconsistent. You go out but it won’t let you back in kind of thing. Management started keeping track of all the time we aren’t in the office at our desk working and decided we aren’t working enough. If we are under 7.5 hours, than it is because of these three things… blah, blah, blah. The email we received ruffled the feathers in us all. My thought was we are now ball and chained to our desk and it won’t be long before we will have to ask if we can get up to go to the bathroom. Sadly, it isn’t the tasks of my job that are unbearable but the lack of any appreciation and the complete dominating micro-managed control that management is doing. It was insulting to me because I work, work, work but I also feel insulted for my co-workers because I know they are working very hard too. I thought I did not love my boss and company owner with my anger but after more thinking, realized it is okay to be angry. You can love someone as a human being but not like or even hate what they are doing. The really funny thing about all of this is at lunch time a virus was discovered to have invaded our computer systems so we couldn’t work the rest of the afternoon as they tried to get it corrected. A co-worker called it “karma” but I like to think of it as justice from above. I am not bitter. Okay, maybe a little. I am working on it.
Proverbs 15:1 A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

No comments:

Post a Comment