Monday, May 13, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 168

There is nothing quite as wonderful to witness as someone you love reflecting the love of Christ. My hubbie was asked to serve as an usher in December because one of the ushers was having surgery on this foot and would be out for a while. I am sure they recruited him because he always wears a suit to church and because of where we normally sit. My hubbie told me this was not in his comfort zone and you could tell he felt a little out of place. But he went to a meeting at the church on Saturday for training on various things and seemed more confident in what he was suppose to be doing. But the thing that really made my heart soar for him was when he gave up his seat for a last minute mother and daughter. He has such a servant heart. Acts of service is his love language. I have seen these acts at home with myself and the kids but to see it in action out with a random mother and daughter was a real treat. At the end of the service, he was to hand out the roses to all the mothers as a gift from the church. I just stood there watching him with a big smile on my heart and face. What a wonderful gift for my Mother’s day!
Ephesians 6:7 Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether he is slave or free.

No comments:

Post a Comment