Thursday, May 2, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 157

The other day at work I had to listen to a phone conversation that got very heated. The Assistant Manager was trying to get information on the new program that I have to use to import. I ended up with an error message and got the word on what to do to avoid that and than came to a screen that I was at a loss on what to do. The training I had with our manager never went this far in the process because of a program issue. The conversation was mostly done in a foreign language but there were a few English words in there and the tone, frustration and anger made it obvious that she wasn’t getting the info she needed but an apparently rude and disrespectful brick wall. This person apparently has a reputation for acting this way. There have always been some thing I will not tolerate and one of those is disrespect. My immediate thought was I had better avoid having to ever talk with this person because I may loose it. But later after letting it sit in my mind for a while, I started to think of how would have Jesus responded to such a person. Gentleness and compassion were the words that came forward. He would treat any person regardless of the rudeness or disrespect as a valuable person who is loved by God. It will definitely take the power of the Holy Spirit within me to do what Jesus would do in this kind of situation.
Proverbs 15:1 A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

No comments:

Post a Comment