Monday, February 11, 2013

I began reading through the last 78 days entries and realized that I dropped the ball on a few things. I say do this but don’t do it. Follow-up through is one of my strengths but even strong body builders get tired and puts down the weights. So, I am going to go back and look through and find the ones that I haven’t followed through on and create a to-do list of these things I have said I would do. Here are just a few from the first couple of weeks that you might want to review as well.
From Day 3 on loving others:  Try using this scripture as your prayer each day and instead of the second “I” put in a person’s name.
Psalm 139:14 I praise you because I (person’s name) am fearfully and wonderfully made.
From Day 5 loving your church community: Try these action items:
          1. Learn 5 new names—and use them.
          2. Ask how others in your church family are doing—and listen to their    response.
          3. Pray for church family needs we become aware of.
          4. Combat the toll our busyness takes on church family life by building more     time into our Sunday routine for conversations or to help someone along our    path.
From Day 6 on loving God completely: This is an area I will be praying about in the days to come.
Almighty God, I know I love you in my head but help me to love you with all my heart and soul so much so that I am not holding back; that I am shinning your love out of me to all those around me. In your precious name, Amen.
From Day 11 on loving strangers, neighbors, etc: So look at your day and take the time to smile and start a conversation with the grocery clerk, smile and say some kind words to the telemarketer who is calling you right in the middle of dinner, smile and do something your husband normally does like take out the trash.
From Day 15 on changing our thinking: Become God-thinking and other-thinking.
Proverbs 1:5 Let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment