Wednesday, February 27, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 95

The first thoughts about good or goodness in the bible are right there in Genesis chapter one when God is day by day creating all aspects of our world. At the end of each day, God reviews his creation and thinks it is good. Well, yah, some might say, you are God so it isn’t going to be bad. Let’s put this into other words: God planned his creation and  day by day as it came together he thought it was all working according to his plan and purpose. Something is good when it works out as we planned. I thought about my wedding plans. I had a Renaissance themed wedding with the outfits and all. Because it was such a unique wedding it was a bit daunting thinking about how it was all going to come together but the evening of my wedding, as I walked down that isle everything was good. It all came together beautifully and it was a wedding many will never forget. I felt not relief that it was all good but satisfaction and joy. I feel that way when I create a scrapbook page or card. When it comes together and it is good, I am delighted. We can look at each day we are given the same way. God created this day and what happens throughout our day will work according to his purpose and it will be good. No matter what our day brings us, there is good in it because God’s purpose is working through it. Keep that in mind, when your kids are driving you nuts or your boss is making you angry or the roads are a snowy yucky mess to drive in.
Genesis 1:31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment