Saturday, February 9, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 77

Our work environment is a festering pot of frustration and yesterday the pot let out a little steam but not in an honorable way. A co-worker of mine, in her frustration, said loudly “Jesus F@*$#ing Christ”. I was taken aback by it and paused in my own work in the shock of it but also felt like I should something but was at a loss for words. I went on about my work but this incident stayed with me all day long. So, before bed I asked my husband if he had experienced anything like this at his work. He hadn’t but kindly suggested I speak my feelings to the person about it when it happens. So, I went on thinking about what I might have said and what I could say when this kind of situation may rise again and than I stopped myself and prayed to God and asked him to give me the words, to guide me in finding the truth in his holy word. So, I gave it to God and went to sleep. This morning I have been looking at commentaries about taking the Lord’s name in vain and have learned it really is meant to be more than just like the incident I experienced yesterday but also living in reverence to our Lord. In any case, I looked at the scriptures that were given in these commentaries and found this one in Phillipians to be the one that I will memorize and will say if and when the name of my Lord is said in such a way.
Phillipians 2:9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment