Thursday, February 21, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 89

Little did I know that I was going to come home traumatized yesterday. Now, it may sound like I am exaggerating but remember this is from a born and raised Southern California girl. Wednesday evenings my son goes down to the church for a youth group bible study time. I have been staying in town after work to have dinner and than go to the library and study. So after being at the library for about an hour, I decided to head out early and go get some frozen yogurt but as I walked out the door of the library I was blown away by how much snow had fallen in the last hour. Everything was covered. It was a blizzard! I got 75% of my windows cleared off and started to head out, only to drive up on the sidewalk because I couldn’t see it. I managed to get out of the library parking lot but was now going into full on freaking out mode. I couldn’t see more than a few feet ahead of my car and everything was covered with fresh fallen snow making it very difficult to drive on the road and not the sidewalk. Well, frozen yogurt was definitely not on my mind anymore, it was frozen everything else. So, I began the trek towards the home where I would pick up my son. About half way there, he texts me to say they will drive him all the way home. Yeah! Now, I just have to make it home. I wasn’t sure about getting on the highway as I didn’t want to get stuck on it but decided to go for it. At this point, I had already prayed really hard for some relief to my anxiety. I was singing the music on the radio and slowly following behind a snow plow. But than the snow plow stops and cars are diverting around it. Great! Turns out there was a car stuck at an angle right in the middle of both lanes so we had to inch by between the car and the guard rail. Yipes, just glad it wasn’t my car. I get off at my exit and slide here and there in the turns but manage to keep going. I make it to the light to turn left and have to stop for the red light. As I am waiting, a car going the other direction on the green light didn’t make the left turn but ended up sliding into the embankment. Whoa! I made it all the way home and decided to try to get up my driveway but only made it half way when my car slid backwards at an angle so I stopped and left it there. My hubbie just laughed. Really?! I have been totally traumatized by this experience. I am not going to go to work today simply because I have to recover and the thought of driving out in that again is too much. I am so thankful to God for giving us the snow and keeping me and my son safe on our way home but really God, really! Next time, can you please make the snow come after I get home?
Psalm 143: 8 Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment