Sunday, February 17, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 85

We watched this movie last night with Denzel Washington called the Flight. The movie is about an airline pilot who is an alcoholic, drug user who while being high on alcohol and other stuff calmly executes saving the plane that suddenly goes into a nose dive for an obvious mechanical reason. He crash lands the plane and only 6 of the 102 plus 6 crew members died. The real story is about his pride. In the end, he realizes that he is an alcoholic and deserves whatever punishment he gets. At the end, he is in prison and talking to a bunch of inmates about his story and says when he told the truth he was finally set free. The movie indicates all along that all the events have been controlled by God. God was working on this man to get him to let go of his pride and realize he was not in control but God is. The truth does set you free. I know I felt that same freedom when I finally told my husband and family about the three past abortions I had had. I hadn’t blatantly lied about them but in not saying anything about them it was a lie within myself, a darkness that kept me from real relationship with the Lord. And the light of truth was finally put on that darkness and I was freed from it.  God led me to that truth just as he did for the airline pilot in the movie and does for all of us. God is amazing in all he does. Everything that happens is used by him to lead his people to Him.
1John 1:6-7 If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment