Saturday, December 24, 2011

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 30

I don't know about you but I have gained a little weight since Thanksgiving. It happens every year. There are just too many good treats being made and shared. I decided to not worry about it this year and just try to have some self-control and not totally pig out. I have done okay. I have had moments like yesterday with the very larg box of chocolates some brought at work and I had three. I didn't feel so great after I ate them. You would think I would have learned this lesson after 46 years of over eating but that lesson doesn't want to stick. So, I have set the start date as Monday. It's back to reality and getting back my better eating habits and getting moving too. So, although the scale has gone up, I am thankful to God for helping me keep aware of it and not let it go up too much. I pray that the Holy Spirit will give me more self-control and help me get off to a good fresh start on Monday. So, enjoy your treats this Christmas weekend and remember that our body is a temple of the Holy Spirit and we have to take care of it.
1CORINTHIANS 6:19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment