Friday, December 16, 2011

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 22

I don't know about you but my getting older experience has been all about little things. Nothing life threatening, thanks to God but little things like my hormone imbalance, cists and now boils that come up on your body in places that are aggravating and my shoulder pain. It's been the year of the shoulder for me. First my sternal-clavicle joint was seperated in a fall I took on ice and not diagnosed properly for 3 months and than my right shoulder was hurt exercising on a machine at the YMCA and diagnosed as a shoulder bone spur and now I am in pain on my left side which has been going off and on for quite some time and I believe is another bone spur issue. I had a steriod shot the last time I was in to see the doctor and my whole body went into itch mode which means I was starting to have an allergic reaction. And for those that don't know, I am allergic to allergy medication so... Yeah, not a lot of options. I ended up at my actupunturist who helped me finally get rid of the pain from the first shoulder injury and she took care of the allergic reaction. Whew! So, now I am pushing through the pain because they next option is going to have to be surgery and I didn't want to have to go there. As I sat in the hot tub last night, trying to relax after a day of putting out fires at work and fixing other people mistakes, I was listening to the music playing and these words stuck out to me... "When it's all said and done, the only thing that matters is how we have loved." It's from the song Blink by Revive. At that moment, I smiled and thought it's not about my pain at the moment but how I respond to other around me despite my pain. I can always go the easy route and be a cranky witch or I can choose to not let the pain I am feeling cover over my feelings of love for those around me. So, today I am thankful for the words of others whether they come in a song, in an email or spoken directly to me that somehow give clarity and perspective and point you back into the direction that God wants for you. So, how have you loved? Haven't heard this song? Click on the iTunes button at top left.
John 15:12 My command is this: Love each other as I have love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment