Friday, August 9, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 248


There was a specific time I am reminded of when I felt at peace and really trusted God and knew I was exactly where he wanted me to be. It was without a doubt one of the most difficult times in my life. It didn’t start off peaceful and my trust in God was overwhelmed by my fear. It was when I went into labor with my daughter at 20 weeks. I went from being the most scared I have ever been to feeling complete trust and peace with God. How did that happen? It wasn’t me. It was all God. Since that time, my faith wavers, my focus isn’t on Him and peace isn’t always there. There was a moment in the hospital when I turned to God in total dependence on Him. It was the moment when not knowing what to do I prayed asking for His help. I immediately was filled with peace and the answer was given to my spirit and I knew without any doubt that all was to be okay and I was exactly where God wanted me. How is it we can have that peace? The answer is taking the focus off ourselves and putting the focus on God. Living with our focus on God is possible but it is something that we have to commit to and follow through with. Start with being in the Word of God every day. Amazing things happen when we take the focus off of ourselves and put it on the Lord. I am especially tickled by this scripture in Acts of Paul and his sense of humor. It truly shows how much he is at peace with his circumstances of being in jail for 2 years without doing anything criminal.

Acts: 26: 28-29 Then Agrippa said to Paul, “Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?” Paul replied, “Short or long—I pray God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am, except for these chains.”

No comments:

Post a Comment