Monday, August 12, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 251


I recently went to the exhibit in town called Passages.  http://www.explorepassages.com/ It is an exhibit about the history of the bible. Not the contents of the bible but how it actually came to be translated, printed and other fascinating history. I think the one thing that really made an impression on me was the demonstration of the printing press created so the bible could be printed for all people. They literally had to place each letter in the set-up which shows backwards and it was in Latin and this was done in Germany by men who didn’t know any Latin. It had to be frustrating, meticulous and time-consuming. I am pretty sure you would have to have the patience of a saint. With this bit of history and all the rest, it really is amazing that we are able to read our own personal bibles today. I must have 4-5 copies of the bible myself and yet there was a time when the common folk didn’t get to have the bible and people fought for that privilege. Everything we have is because of God and how he helped men and women throughout history that we might have the living Word of God in our very own homes. When I am in need of patience, I will picture in my mind the demonstration of the printing press and the task it took to print just one bible. That took divine intervention!

Romans 15: 4-5

For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope. Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus. (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment