Wednesday, August 14, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 252

I am sorry I missed yesterday. I have been suffering from allergy conjunctivitis and while it got better with the drops from the doctor for a week; it returned. I have been researching natural remedies as I have to stop taking all allergy medication for a week before my appointment with the allergy doctor. If you would say a little prayer for healing, I would be ever so grateful.

I am reading through 1Peter now in my devotional time and was intrigued by the word “inheritance”. I have gotten little sums of money after my grandparents went on to heaven but I was thinking life on earth with our hope of heaven is more like knowing in advance we are going to inherit eternal life in heaven but on earth we have been given a trust fund called Jesus Christ. A trust fund is designed to be a holding place for your inheritance where a trustee is in charge of doling out what you need allowing you to grow in maturity before you are given your full inheritance. Our trustee is the Holy Spirit. When we are in need, which is pretty much every minute of every day, we should be asking the Holy Spirit to give us what we need. Because of the pain and discomfort in my eyes, I have been tempted by food to be my comfort but instead I have to ask the Holy Spirit for self-control and look to my Lord as my comfort. Do you have a need that has come into focus lately? Stop now and ask your trustee for a little help.

1Peter 3-5 In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment