Friday, August 2, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 242


The word ‘task’ has been mulling around in my head a lot lately because of my class on temperament theory. Some temperaments are task-oriented, others are relationship-oriented and some are most comfortable with one but will or can do the other in order to meet their needs. The word ‘task’ can seem boring or just something that needs to be done but when we are talking about the task that Jesus Christ would have us do in sharing about Him to everyone who doesn’t know Him or whose heart has been closed is much more than a ‘task’. I looked up the definition of ‘task’ and found a couple of synonyms that I think might speak better about what it is we are doing for Christ. You tell me? Do you like assignment, mission or duty? Or perhaps it is a mix of all of these? What it is and should be is something we are passionate about, committed to and we are able to do it without fear but with joy and love. In the end we are nothing if not for the mission that Jesus has given us that we might help Him save others as He has saved us.

Acts: 20:24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment