Thursday, April 4, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 129

God led me this morning in my bible to my concordance and the word, submit. I chose to look at the verse in James since it has been a focus book for me at this time. In reading the verse, I found I needed more so I looked up the definition of submit. The main definition is accept or yield to higher authority or the will of another. In the secondary parts of the definition, I saw the word surrender and that grabbed my attention. I am a rebel. I want things my way. I want the control. I accepted God’s will back in 2000 after suffering from the secondary infertility issue for 2 years and I was at peace but this submitting to God’s will has to be daily for me because it is part of my temperament to want control. The song by Chris Tomlin, White Flag came to mind so I pulled it up on my ITunes library and played it and sang my prayer. It felt so good to let go like that. I will be singing my prayer every morning and anytime during the day when I feel like I am trying to grab back the reins on my life. My life is God’s.
James 4: 7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will fee from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment