Monday, April 29, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 154

I love how God works. I learn about certain things and than they are reinforced with a sermon at church. I liked how Pastor Graham explained how we often perceive ourselves negatively but what God thinks is we are wonderful. We have to take that negative sketch of ourselves daily and toss it in the trash and hold up the beautiful sketch that God created. Our perceptions of how others will react to us is determined by our temperament; about who God created within each of us. If we open our hearts to the Holy Spirit filling us each day, than we can see each person as a child of God. When we see others and ourselves through God’s eyes, our behavior will become that which God intended for us. Moses questioned God and his calling for him but God saw Moses for who he really was and who he would become. Moses perception of himself was negative but God only saw the inner man and knew he would lead the Israelites out of Egypt and to the promised land. Did Moses know he would become the greatest figure in all of the Old Testament? No, but God knows the plans he has for us and when we trust in him he will take us through them no matter how equipped we are for them.
Exodus 3:8-12 So I have come down to rescue them up out of the land of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey—the home of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites. And now the cry of the Israelites has reached me, and I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them. So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt. But Moses said to God, “Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt? And God said, “I will be with you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment