Sunday, April 28, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 153

One very important point in my recent studies is that because we are triune beings with a spirit, soul and body each of these parts needs to be fed. Without food our body would wither away and die. It is the same for our spirit and our soul. Our soul is the place where our temperament lies and is where our intellect is. We feed our intellect with books, conversation, television, etc. Without daily feeding to our soul, we will become out of balance. The same is true for our spirit. It needs to be fed regularly to ensure growth and maturity. We need to be in the Word and prayer fostering our relationship with God the Father and Jesus, our King. All three parts are interconnected and if one part suffers the other parts will also. God created us to be in balance but sin knocked us off balance. We are cleansed from our sin thanks to the gift of Jesus. He has cleared the way for us to be in relationship with God in ways we could not before we accepted him. If you are not using the gift that Jesus gave in clearing the way so you could have a relationship with the One True God, than your faith is stuck. We need to turn away from the temptations in this world that draw us away from God and our relationship with him. There can be no more excuses because our lives are too busy. Like Jesus did often when he was with us on Earth, he went off to be alone with God. He was intentional about it. He didn’t worry about the time or what needed to be done. He took the time and walked off alone to be with God. I find that my own relationship with God is not that intentional. Aside from my blog writing time, I am an opportunistic praying Christian which means when I find myself in a position to pray like alone in my car. Perhaps with the warmth of summer heading our way, I will get myself intentionally out of the house walking with God; feeding my body and spirit at the same time.
1Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment