Wednesday, April 3, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 128

Have you ever seen someone do something to someone that was disrespectful and as soon as they left the room, you reacted with negative words about the person who just left? That was me yesterday. I have talked to God about this one as it is an issue I have had all my life to react to something before thinking about it. It is the control part of my temperament that is leading me in this. I have to let go of all control and give it all to the Lord. This will have to be a daily commitment to let Jesus put the yoke on me and guide my steps, actions and words. For a more contemporary feel, I get a visual of squeezing lemons into a colander sifting out the seeds so we can make lemonade. Lord, be my colander today and let all things go through you.
1Peter 1:13-16 Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do, for it is written: Be holy, because I am holy.

No comments:

Post a Comment