Friday, November 25, 2011

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 2

Yesterday was my first Thanksgiving spent in my home with me making the traditional turkey dinner in all my 15 years of marriage. Every year we have gone up to Sterling over Thanksgiving holiday and I have never had to cook a thing but I have always wanted to. I was so excited to actually be home for Thanksgiving so I could do the cooking. I took photos along my cooking journey so I can later put together my scrapbook page about the day. So, my praise today is for being able to make some good food everyone enjoyed. I made the labor intensive but highly favored dish that I grew up with thanks to my Polish grandparents, called peirogies. It will be another year or so before I do that again but they are so worth the work. My pumpkin pies were a bust but I am ready to try it again next year.
Proverbs 31:15 She gets up while it is still dark; she provide food for her family and portions for her servant girls.

1 comment:

  1. Today I am thankful to be able to read and comprehend. It may sound simplistic, but my family will soon be embarking on a new phase of life. I've read so many good books lately that are bolstering my confidence and mentally and emotionally preparing me for what lies ahead.

    Janine, I like the idea of closing each praise with a verse, so I'll follow suit.

    Prov 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.

    ReplyDelete