Tuesday, November 29, 2011

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 6

This morning I woke up with a nightmare. The dream was me going into our garage and finding it open with a big trailer type thing pulled into it that I didn't recognize and people's voices. I went back inside and told Nathan than I went back to the garage door and started opening it up and "BAM" bad guys pushed there way in and knocked me out and I woke up. I am not sure where that came from except maybe it's because of the big black trailer looming out front that is for the deck guys who will be starting our deck extension project this week. So, my first thought was the verse from Phillipians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. This helped me let go of that fear-filled dream and I was very grateful for having learned this verse back 8.5 years ago from the nurse who was the first to attend to me that fate-filled night when at 20 weeks I went into labor with Faith. So, I am very thankful always to have God's word to go to when I am in need of peace.

Phillipians 4:6 (The Message) Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pary. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns.

1 comment:

  1. Today I'm thankful for strong men and women of God who have taken the time to write Bible studies so we can dig and explore His Word more deeply and hear from Him in a personal way.

    Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matt 5:16

    p.s. Janine, here's another good verse for fear that I gave to my daughter when she had a nightmare. "I will lie down in peace and sleep, for You alone, O Lord, will keep me safe." Psa 4:8

    ReplyDelete