Monday, November 28, 2011

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 5

I took my daughter to see Arthur Christmas this weekend. It was a sweet movie and one of the good points about it was how the two sons of 'Santa', one the military techie Santa-wanna-be and the other the nerdie Arthur who was totally into and filled with the spirit of Christmas but had no thoughts of becoming the next Santa were not on the path they should have been on. In the end, the military techie Santa-wanna-be sees the truth and realizes he was meant not to be in the spot light but be the support. So, I find myself praising God for the gifts that he gives each of us. Like this Santa-wanna-be, I have struggled to discern what it is God wants me to do with my gifts but I believe I am following down the right path with them now. How about you? Do you know what your gifts are and where God is leading you?

1Peter 4:10-11 Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyon serves, he shoul ddo it with the stregth God provides, so that in all things God my be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. My gifts are definitely administration and organization. Our family is looking into buying a local business. While I'm excited about the areas above I'll have to tackle, what scares me is the people aspect. I have high expectations, which often result in disappointment. At times God has placed me in positions perfect for my gifts. But if we proceed, this will be a huge growth opportunity (as well as a great opportunity to witness). I'm still not sure where God wants me, and I'll keep praying for guidance.

    Today was a long, emotional day. We met with the current owner of the business we're considering and I turned in my medical records to the VA. I'm thankful for my husband and best friend, who is there to talk through things with me. On a lighter note, I'm also thankful for Frappe Mochas and heating pads. :-)

    Pro 16:2-3 All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, But the LORD weighs the spirits. 3 Commit your works to the LORD, And your thoughts will be established.

    ReplyDelete