Thursday, November 24, 2011

365 Days of Praise Challenge

As I was laying in bed this morning, contemplating my day of cooking ahead of me and fighting the desire to just lay in bed a few more minutes, I thought about what this day represents. Everyone thinks about what they are grateful for on Thanksgiving but our thankfulness and praises to God should be a consistent reality in our lives. After my month of wearing my 'A' pin which helped me keep my focus on the Abundance of blessings and opportunites that God gives and that Anything is possible with God, I find that I am so much more AWARE of those blessings, opportunites and that really anything is possible with God leading you. So, my challange to myself and to anyone that would like to participate is to give praises consistently everyday for the next 365 days. I think the attitude of gratitude will become one of the greatest blessings. So, my first day of praise starts this Thanksgiving 2011. I praise my Heavenly Father for my desire to inspire others. Being an idealist by nature, I have found battles greatly with the fact that I am not the one in control but God is. But I don't want to be down about my own personality type, because God made me this way and he will use it for his own purposes not mine. So, I praise him today for that desire and pray that he will use it for the good of His kingdom. I would love to hear your praises everyday, too. Become a follower and comment on my praise each day with your own praise. Let's work on keeping each other accountable to our 365 days of praise challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Janine,
    I love the idea of this. It seems we have more in common than I knew. I struggle with the "C" as well and it has been a great source of pain over the years. The daily praises are a great idea. Of late my health struggles have taken my eye off of God and drug me down so much that I can barely lift my head to see what's ahead. I'm learning a lot of it deals with how and what I think and focus on. "Stinkin' thinkin'" gets me every time. These daily praises will force me to focus on the Truth and not the enemy's lies.
    Happy Thanksgiving, Janine. Today I'm thankful for you, your faith, and willingness to reach out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jennifer for reaching back to me and making our connection that much stronger. Life is a constant struggle and I am glad I can reach out and be a light that will help people focus on the truth each day. I will keep you in my prayers for your health and "C" things. :)

    ReplyDelete