Sunday, April 27, 2014

Humbling Yourself with an "I Don't Know"

"I don't know" is often the only reply we can give to explain the mystery of Christ. Our personal relationship with Christ is often the only apologetic we can offer. Our lack of knowing is the beginning of humility and the very essence of the spiritual life. ---Messy Spirituality, Michael Yaconelli
The real truth in this statement is the ultimate humility is knowing you don't know anything. We are always going to be "works-in-progress". So, it's okay for all of us to say "I don't know" even when we are thought of as the know-it-all in the family or the well-versed in scripture amongst your bible study friends. When someone asks those questions about God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit and anything in God's Word, we are not experts so it's okay to say "I don't know" and "I don't know that the answer is in the bible. Some questions we just cannot answer this side of Heaven. But you can share what you do know. I know that once I felt unloved, unworthy and disconnected from the source of all good things but now I know I am loved, worthy and connected to my Father, thanks to Jesus who was the mediator that brought us together. Share what you know and leave the rest in the hands of the Almighty Creator of all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment