Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Getting the Recognition We Need

Matthew 6:1 "Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

This verse always makes me think of how I have in the past "bragged" about my giving. I would not admit that it was really bragging but justifying it by thinking of it as sharing to inspire others. The truth is when we are speaking to others about our giving we are in need of recognition for doing something good, however, our recognition should come only from God. We have to remember that when we give as God wants us to he will be saying to us "well done, my child". Lord I am sorry for taking my bragging to those around me when it is only you that I should seek recognition from. Help me to hold my tongue and speak my proud of myself for giving moments to you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment