Monday, September 9, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 278


Today is the first day of my Whole30 challenge with the Paleo eating lifestyle. I am really amazed thus far on this journey of how good everything tastes. I don’t miss any of the bad stuff. Of course, this week may change my thinking on that as now I go into strict mode. Only meats, vegetables, good fats and some fruit for 30 days. I made my new favorite breakfast this morning: sweet potato hash, fried egg and bacon all cooked with coconut oil and ghee and a side of blackberries. I think sweet potatoes have a bad reputation. I know that I always associate them with Thanksgiving with the pecans and marshmallows which is probably the case for most of us. If you take a risk and get past that, you will discover a wonderful vegetable. Getting the rest of my family on board with it, is going to be a struggle so I decided I will just patiently eat my foods this month and they can see me transform through my weight loss, energy, mood and all. If I am crabby this next week or so it is because of sugar-carb withdrawal and I promise it will go away.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking of going Whole30 for about a month now...I just need to do it! I would love any recipes or hints. I'm hoping to start in the next couple of weeks. Need to come up with a start date and a plan for taking meals with me to work in Denver.

    ReplyDelete