Sunday, September 22, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Days 290-91


My bible opened up this morning to Matthew 5 and I started reading the Beatitudes (learn meaning of Beatitudes here: http://askville.amazon.com/coined-word-beatitude-Biblical-teaching-commandments-blessedness-Matthew-chapter/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=7973818 ) I got to the third one “Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.” That word meek had me pause as I just couldn’t think of an appropriate way to put that into my own words so I pulled out The Message and began to read the Beatitudes from there. The Message has a way of making what is written connectable. Here is that third Beatitude in The Message: “You’re blessed when you’re content with just who you are—no more, no less.  That’s the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can’t be bought.  I found this “content” last year when I finally was able to see the fears I had regarding what other people thought of me. I became content in knowing that God made me just as I am and there was nothing to be down about it. It was time to celebrate who God made me to be, no more, no less. Check out the full Beatitudes in The Message for yourselves and discover something new from this golden nugget of scripture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment