Monday, September 2, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 271


I grew up as a Catholic and now attend a Presbyterian church. Without a doubt, I have been immersed in a conservative atmosphere. I have found myself at times in worship at church wanting to shout, raise my hands, dance and be abandoned in my worship of God but those thoughts of what others might think keep me from doing it or keep it toned down where I won’t be noticed. I follow along with the crowd. But truly letting go and letting yourself worship God in any way you want to express is amazing. I have tasted this here and there and got another great taste of this at the Taste of Colorado festival yesterday and being at the Colton Dixon concert. I have been looking forward to this concert for weeks. Initially, I felt the same way as in church, not able to raise my hands to God but as each song went by I became more and more ready to let go. By the time the song “You Are” was sung, I was totally open to loving God the way I wanted to with my hands raised, my voice singing along and my body moving in joyful abandon without any fear of what anyone else thought including my family. It was amazing! In those precious moments, I felt such joy and love for God just pouring out of me. Perhaps, it is time to start attending the more contemporary service at church… hmmmm?

1Peter 1:8 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment