Sunday, January 25, 2015

DAY 1: 365 DAYS OF DRAWING CLOSER TO GOD

I spent this weekend at a women's retreat with my church. Despite being physically tired, I find that spiritually I am wide awake and inspired. The weekend was spent learning about the Sabbath and how we bring the practice of observing Sabbath in our lives. There were no techniques shared but rather a simple explanation of it being a choice. We have the spirit of the Creator of the Universe coursing through our veins so our rest lies in choosing to rest in his spirit within us. The gateway to resting in the presence of God is gratitude. Expressing our thankfulness to him opens us up to hearing, seeing and feeling his spirit within us and allowing us to just be with Him. So, I invite you to join me on a 365 day journey of resting in the presence of our God and drawing closer to Him more than ever before.

Psalm 22:25-26 I will praise you in the great assembly. I will fulfill my vows in the presence of those who worship you. The poor will eat and be satisfied. All who seek the Lord will praise him. Their hearts will rejoice with everlasting joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment