Monday, January 26, 2015

DAY 2: DRAWING CLOSER TO GOD (Patience Through Him)

God showed me how much I was like the grumbling Isrealites today. By the end of my morning, I was fed up with the lack of listening from the preschoolers in my class, two in particular got me to the point of throwing my hands up in the air. How many times do I have to call your name for you to respond???? Yes, I was frustrated and I grumbled about it. However, tonight with my bible study group, I was reminded of how very patient God was with the Isrealites as they were led out of Egypt and eventually through the desert for 40 years. God had to teach them over and over and over again about obedience. Amazing things happen when we are obedient. I witnessed this in the last two days in my preschool class with one boy who has been trouble since day one with extreme anger issues, running away from the class and even some language that nobody should say especially a 4 year old. But a reward was promised to him by his mom and he has been a delightful and very good child for the last two days. I hope it shows him how being obedience brings blessings. I am praising God for reminding me that my patience will wear thin but he is always with me so I know I have Him within me to get a dose of supernatural patience to be able to handle these days when the children are having lots of trouble listening.
This verse will be my verse to pray in the days to come...
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment