Friday, November 8, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 328


Last night was my second beginner’s class at Crossfit. I have been sore since my first class on Tuesday so I wasn’t totally looking forward to it but I know now that it is a must. I am too tight everywhere, have no strength but thankfully I have a lot of determination. As I sat in the spa last night after my class, hoping my muscles would relax I thought of the old saying “no pain, no gain”. It reminded me that we will go through trials and tribulations throughout our lives but it is in those challenging times when we are most acutely aware of our need for God. Growth comes through our difficulties in life. While I think we can grow during those non-challenging-life is good times, I believe that real growth comes in those times of pain. It is a good reminder to know that although the trials and tribulations of our lives are tough, we have a God who will walk right beside us and hold us in his arms when we are hurting. We will get through the difficulties with God and know Him better, understanding Him more and grow by leaps and bounds in our relationship with Him.

2Corinthians 4:8-10 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.

No comments:

Post a Comment