Thursday, November 21, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 337

I am starting a review of the last year's blog entries to remind myself of what I said and find out how well I am doing with it. It is important to go back over your experiences in the past year and review the insights you were given. Most importantly, it is a chance to gage how well you are taking those insights and applying them to your life. This is an excerpt from day 3 when I wrote about love. I have my scrapbook page created called "like a seed" in my slideshow that is a great visual reminder of this concept of being a unique creation of God and how we need to see each of us as unique not just in terms of how we look, what we say or do but how we feel or don't feel. Think of yourself as a plant. Come on!! Use your imagination. I would like to think of myself as my favorite flower, the gardenia. I started as a gardenia seed planted in my mother's womb by God. Do I look like a gardenia bush today? How has the environment affected me? Am I full of flowers creating a beautiful scent for those around me? What can I do to trim the gardenia bush so I can flower more? See how it goes.... Give it a try.... I would love to get some responses on this one telling me what plant you have chosen and what questions you come up with about your plant.

Our uniqueness creates a lot of the complexity in regards to love but if we can start to really see each person as a unique creation of God, we may be able to understand and forgive when we are not feeling the love.


Psalm 143:10 Teach me to do thy will; for you are my God. Your Spirit is good: lead me in the land of uprightness.

No comments:

Post a Comment