Monday, August 18, 2014

Overcoming Weakness Starts with Recognizing It



As I took my walk last evening, I ended up asking myself what work has God done in me today? I thought of how I saw a friend in the grocery store today but instead of turning around and approaching her to say hi, I blew it off. I did this on Thurs during the middle school open house as well. I saw her and just looked the other way and kept walking. I realize the weakness of my inclusion is this kind of situation. The spontaneous run into someone kind of thing that I do not like. I don’t like to be the initiator in this situation. But God has put it on my heart that I may be missing a chance to give a friend an encouraging word or a listening ear or even a simple hug. I am sorry Lord that I blew off these opportunities to be your hands and feet. Help me to be ready, willing and able to reach out to these people I know when I see them in unexpected places and times. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment