Thursday, March 27, 2014

BACK IN THE SADDLE


Since being laid off from my job at the end of January, I have been going day to day without any set plan for the day. I have worked on couponing to save money, learned how to can and have done 3 different canned meals stocking our cupboard, researched and started working on my application process to being a commissioned minister, continued my studies for my Master’s in clinical pastoral counseling, read a few good books mostly non-fiction like Celebration of Discipline by Richard J Foster and all the other daily grind stuff for family and home. My days have been a bit random but I am working on balancing out each of these to do’s. One of those things I have wanted to get back into my daily routine is to do some blog writing. I recently finished a study with my bible study group on the book The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth by John Maxwell. The study itself lacked connection to the Word of God nevertheless there was lots of good advice on being intentional about growth. One such thing was to share what you learn. This blog has been that for me since I started it and I let it go for a while because I got into a writing slump. So, it will be my privilege and part of my own growth agenda to bring to you my thoughts each day, even if it is only to show gratitude to the Lord for giving me one more day on Earth.

I have updated the blog site and have a new page with the answers to questions on my application to be a minister. Please read. I would love to hear any feedback you may have before I submit the application.

May this day be a blessing to you and you a blessing to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment