Monday, July 14, 2014

He Will Wipe Away Every Tear

Revelation 21:4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. 

The thought of no more pain in particular, in this season of my life, gives me the hope to press through the pain in life. I have often been in so much pain that tears start flowing and my prayers become desperate pleas. The Lord gets me through it each time. What really got me in reading this verse this time around is the fact that he will wipe away every tear. I had a visual in my mind of Jesus sitting beside me with a tissue in hand wiping my tears away forever. What does that say about our Lord? The words love and compassion come to mind first but also tenderness and gentleness. How many times has anyone wiped away my tears? Probably not since childhood but I have no distinct memory of it. The act of wiping away tears is figuratively like they are trying to take away the pain and hurt. Jesus will literally wipe our tears away and they will be no more. Now that is hope with a big dose of LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment