Monday, December 2, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 343


As you know, I have been eating Paleo which in a nutshell basically means no sugar, no processed foods, no dairy, no grain and no alcohol. I did the Whole 30 Challenge and did all these No’s for a full 30 days. I decided to keep eating Paleo but of course allowing the some exceptions within reason. I am pretty sure I blew my exceptions for the next month or so in this one last weekend. In any case, I am committed to making this way of eating a permanent lifestyle choice. I was eagerly anticipating my follow-up cholesterol appointment with my doctor last Monday. I had to go on a small dose of Lipitor in the Spring because my cholesterol had gone up into bad territory. One of the main reasons for going Paleo was losing weight but I also wanted to get my cholesterol down again through my diet. I actually went down a whopping 90 points! I told my doctor I was doing Paleo and committed to it so she said I was young enough to go off the Lipitor and do another cholesterol check in three months to see how much my diet is contributing to this drop. I have my results taped to my bathroom mirror. It is my goal to keep those numbers down so I don’t have to go on medication again. I am confident that with the power of God within me I can conquer this cholesterol for good.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
 
Paleo Cauliflower Fried Rice breakfast
Process cauliflower in your food processor so it becomes small like rice.
Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in skillet. Add cauliflower rice.
At this point you can add chopped onions and garlic or if you don't have a lot of time just season with garlic powder and salt and pepper.
Add a 1/4 cup water to skillet and let simmer.
Add pre-cooked chopped bacon, turkey bacon or Canadian bacon.
Plate the cauliflower rice.
Cook egg in same skillet to your liking and top over rice.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment